David is a rockstar hairdresser turned movie producer, turned personal coach. He is a profound man who’s life thus far has focused on serving the lives of others. He is a true embodiment of all of his teachings.
In a wide-ranging interview we discussed:
– Coaching as a way to insight into the human condition
– Detaching oneself from tasks
– Mindfulness in all facets of life.. and even death
– Millennials in the workplace
– Bringing our whole selves to work
– The genderless soul
David also left us with two simple yet profound questions as we kick-off 2019:
1) Where do I need to be supported in my life?
2) Where do I need to be a support?
He also left listeners with these provocative questions related to your career and personal life:
1) What do you want to serve?
2) What would be something exciting that, at the end of your life, you can look back and say that it meant something?
Notes and Resources:
More on David and his amazing work:
David Cain (Raptitude Blog)
David’s 2006 Film called ‘aWake’
David’s Permanent Reading List:
– Tao Te Ching: The New Translation from Tao Te Ching: The Definitive Edition
– Autobiography of a Yogi By Paramahansa Yogananda
– Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
– Cosmic Consciousness: A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind by Richard Maurice Bucke
– The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke
– The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton
– The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
– Journey to Self-Realization by Paramahansa Yogananda
– Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux